Combination Skin - Characteristics and Care
Combination skin is by far the most common skin type. But it is precisely this skin type that we often find difficult to care for, because it actually contains two skin types.
Combination skin is characterized by dry and oily parts. Often the cheeks, but also the area around the eyes are dry, tight and sometimes even red and flaky. At the same time, the skin of the nose, chin and forehead is olier than normal. This so-called T-zone also often shows impurities such as pimples and enlarged pores.
- Hormone changes: the composition of the skin may change during pregnancy or the menopause.
- External factors, such as the (incorrect) use of cosmetics. Irritating ingredients can stimulate sebum production in the T-zone and at the same time cause dryness and redness on other parts of the face.
- Use of too rich creams that clog the pores.
Optimum is to take care of the different parts of the face differently. For example, the dry parts with products for normal to dry skin and the oilier parts with products for oily skin. This is a matter of experimentation.
- Cleansing: All H&B facial cleansers can be used for combination skin. These do not dry out the skin and do not increase sebum production.
- Serum: All Serums can be used.
- Day cream: Multi-vitamin cream, Oil-free Cream or the Multi-active Day Cream.
- Night cream: Oil-free Cream, Firming Night Cream, Pomegranate Cream.